Our new Luxembourg unit which is applying for a payment institution license to enable the future to process payments in crypto and fiat currencies is seeking for a Chief Compliance Officer.
Embedded in the global savedroid structure, the CCO role is to shape the Compliance Department’s mandate within the Luxembourg region.
The CCO will lead the development and implementation of the Compliance Department’s regulatory compliance program in Luxembourg, including providing independent oversight, assess the adequacy and effectiveness of regulatory compliance controls, and the status of it, additionally will follow up with the management of savedroid on issues identified. The CCO must be pro-active and highly responsive in a business environment where decisions have to be made in stressful and time sensitive situations, where information is often ambiguous and incomplete.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure compliance of the company with
- To ensure compliance of the existing policies
and procedures, to provide monitoring and
interpretation of regulatory requirements, as well
as implementation and analysis of regulatory
changes, including drafting and/or reviewing
of policies, procedures.
- To act as AML/CFT Compliance Officer.
- To monitor and follow- up on compliance findings,
including cooperation with an internal audit and
submitting compliance reports to the Boards and
- To manage the relationships with regulatory bodies,
for instance lawyers; audits (e.g. Commissionde
Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) and
the Banque Centrale de Luxembourg (BCL)) to
ensure the common understanding of regulatory
- To oversee the activities which have been delegated
to external parties.
- To provide leadership and effective management
within the Luxembourg region on a day to day basis
on all aspects of their duties, including but not
– Data protection responsibilities;
– Control Room;
– Monitoring Program;
– Regulatory registrations;
– General correspondence; and
– Ad hoc queries.
- To be accountable for client acceptance, an
on-boarding process, as well as for managing
the clients complaints.
- To report on a quarterly basis to the Board of
Directors on the performance of its activities for the
last period with a status about the accomplishment
of the compliance-monitoring program.
- Relevant qualifications, preferably in one of the
following areas: Economics, Accounting, Finance
- 5+ years experience in a Compliance role in the
- Knowledge and understanding of banking, as well as
legislation, rules and regulations affecting banking.
- Knowledge of the Luxembourg regulation
and CSSF Circulars, with particular focus on
anti-money laundering related regulations.
- Fluency in English. French and/or German will
be an advantage.
- Ability to work in autonomy while displaying
the team spirit.
- Relationship management skills, consulting skills,
excellent negotiation and influence skills.
- Preferably some knowledge of and interest
in the crypto market.
High commitment, motivation and willingness
to take on the responsibility;
However, if you feel that although you do not
have enough experience, but you are still
a great fit for our CCO position, apply anyway.