Our new Luxembourg unit which is applying for a payment institution license to enable the future to process payments in crypto and fiat currencies is seeking a Chief Compliance Officer.
Embedded in the global savedroid structure, the CCO role is to shape the Compliance Department’s mandate within the Luxembourg region.
The CCO will lead the development and implementation of the Compliance Department’s regulatory compliance program in Luxembourg, including providing independent oversight, assess the adequacy and effectiveness of regulatory compliance controls as well as its status. The COO will additionally follow up with the management of savedroid on issues identified. The CCO must be pro-active and highly responsive in a business environment where decisions have to be made in stressful and time-sensitive situations, where information is often ambiguous and incomplete.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure compliance of the company with applicable regulations.
- To ensure compliance of the existing policies and procedures, to provide monitoring and interpretation of regulatory requirements, as well as implementation and analysis of regulatory changes, including drafting and/or reviewing of policies, procedures.
- To act as AML/CFT Compliance Officer.
- To monitor and follow- up on compliance findings, including cooperation with an internal audit and submitting compliance reports to the Boards and Management Committee.
- To manage the relationships with regulatory bodies, for instance lawyers; audits (e.g. Commissionde Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) and the Banque Centrale de Luxembourg (BCL)) to ensure the common understanding of regulatory requirements.
- To oversee the activities which have been delegated to external parties.
- To provide leadership and effective management within the Luxembourg region on a day to day basis on all aspects of their duties, including but not limited to:– Data protection responsibilities;
– Control Room;
– Monitoring Program;
– Regulatory registrations;
– General correspondence; and
– Ad hoc queries.
- To be accountable for client acceptance, an on-boarding process, as well as for managing client complaints.
- To report quarterly to the Board of Directors on the performance of its activities for the last period with a status about the accomplishment of the compliance-monitoring program.
- Relevant qualifications, preferably in one of the following areas: Economics, Accounting, Finance or Legal.
- 5+ years experience in a Compliance role in the financial sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of banking, as well as legislation, rules and regulations affecting banking.
- Knowledge of the Luxembourg regulation and CSSF Circulars, with particular focus on anti-money laundering related regulations.
- Fluency in English. French and/or German will be an advantage.
- Ability to work in autonomy while displaying the team spirit.
- Relationship management skills, consulting skills, excellent negotiation and influence skills.
- Preferably some knowledge of and interest in the crypto market.
- High commitment, motivation and willingness to take on the responsibility;
- However, if you feel that although you do not have enough experience, but you are still a great fit for our CCO position, apply anyway.